23 September 2013

D-Link DAP 1320 Range Extender

As you well know when it comes to products or services I don't like, I'm first to let the whole of the listening public know about them.

On the other hand, if I find something which really pleases me, get out of my way, because I want to be even faster to shout it from the highest point.

This week I got bored and flipped-open the BestBuy flyer. They had a sale on the DAP 1320 Range Extender, $44.99 plus tax, affordable I thought. And, if it worked, then more than reasonable.


My router is located in the basement but sits on a window sill next to the driveway and a few feet away from where I sit to have my coffee or vino or read the paper even. Yet the signal, because of the metal and interferance sucks big-time. It doesn't matter whether I'm using my cell, tablet or netbook its always very poor signal.

So, having given the advert all of 5 seconds of thought I planned to go and get me one. As always, the staff at BestBuy and sister-company Future Shop need a swift kick in the arse. Why is it I need to go looking for them instead of the other way round. Oh! I know, they're too busy talking to each other. Do they know their products? No. Do they listen to your questions? No, because they give you an answer to something totally different to what you asked.

Took it home on the premise that if it didn't work I could return it.

Plugged it in, followed the directions and yes, was up and running with a huge improvement to the signal in the garage, which went from non-existent or poor to EXCELLENT imagine the joy.

NOTE: The setup takes less than 10 minutes. Use the browser setup instead of resetting the router - it's easier.

The product far exceeded my expectations and that is difficult to do.

Would I recommend this product? You bet your bippie I would. Well done D-Link. If only I had seen this a couple of years ago, sure would have saved me a lot of frustration and aggravation.

D-Link gets my approval and that's why I'll keep buying their networking products as I have in the past.

No comments: